Technical Support Specialist with over 20 years experience in the computer industry.
Experience in hardware, firmware, software and high-level system configuration..
Programming: 8080, 6502, 186, Z80, 68020, 8X305, JCL, HTML, CSS, PCL
Operating Systems: DOS, Windows 3.1, Win95, Win98, WinXP, Win2000, VMS, OS2, Mac,
OS/400, SSP, Unix, Linux, and FreeBSD.
Training/Educational Courses: TCP/IP, Firewalls, Systems Technology Forum – Systems
Network Architecture, TCT Technical Training – How to determine the problem in SNA, CISCO,
FreightWatch International – May 2010 to June 2013 – Tier II Technical Support Specialist
Liaison to the Engineering Development Team for CDMA and GSM/GPRS GPS tracking products.
Interface to clients in foreign countries. Wrote manuals, procedures, tech notes and created
Ringdale, Inc. March 2006 – May 2010 – Technical Support Specialist
Provided troubleshooting, configuration, documentation and pre-sales support for all products:
firewalls, emulation products, thin clients, terminals, printers, controllers, and servers,
NLynx Technologies – August 7, 2002 – Feb 20, 2006 Technical Support Manager
Provide troubleshooting, configuration, and pre-sales support for all products: firewalls, terminals,
printers, controllers, emulation cards, and thin clients.
· Negotiated contracts with OEM customers.
NLynx Systems – November 1997 – August 7, 2002 Technical Support Manager
· Provided troubleshooting, configuration, and pre-sales support for all products: firewalls,
terminals, printers, controllers, emulation cards, and thin clients.
· Trained Supervised Technical Support and Software engineers in various IBM protocols
Andrew Corporation – July 1989 – November 1997 – Sustaining Engineer
· Provided troubleshooting, configuration, and pre-sales support for IBM Mainframe Channel
Interfaces and protocol converters. Negotiated contracts with OEM customers.
· Fixed firmware and hardware problems for channel interfaces, and protocol converters doing
EBCDIC, SCS, 3211, ASCII and ANSI conversions.
· Debugged firmware micro code problems in 8X305, 186 & Z80 based products for OEMs.
· Maintained IBM 4361 mainframe, IBM Midrange and DEC VAX system.
Southwest School of Electronics
Austin Community College A.A.,Applied Science (Digital Technology)